Promoting Summer Camp in Your Pack!
What does camp provide Scouts?
- Opportunity to meet other Scouts and make new friends.
- Chance to learn new skills and try new things.
- Advancement (one of the few opportunities to work on the archery and BB belt loops.)
What does camp provide packs?
- Scouts who attend camp are more likely to stay in Scouting.
- Opportunity to earn the Summertime Pack Award.
What does camp provide families?
- Opportunities for parents and Scouts to share in the fun.
- A safe and supervised environment for Scouts to learn and grow.
- An excellent value as compared to other day-care options.
How can you help get more of your Scouts to camp?
- Designate a camp coordinator within your pack.
- Remind parents about camp during den and pack meetings.
- Invite a camp representative to visit a pack meeting and talk with Scouts and parents (See below for more information)
- Arrange for your den or pack to attend camp at the same time so scouts will be with their friends.
- Encourage parents to serve as camp den leaders.
Suggested camp promotion timeline
- January: Recruit pack promotion coordinator. Figure out when your den/pack will attend.
- February: Camp brochures mailed to families.
- March: Invite camp representatives to a pack meeting or Blue & Gold and request Camp theme placemats to use at your Blue and Gold.
- April – June: Pack coordinators encourage and track registration.
- July: Go to camp. Have FUN!
Pack Camp Coordinator Job Description
- Work with the camping committee to keep parents informed of camping opportunities.
- Promote Cub Scout day camp at pack meetings and events.
- Remind parents of application deadlines, and assist with understanding applications and medical forms.
- Help recruit leadership and parents to volunteer at day camp.
- Attend the camp orientation meeting.
How to request a camp promo visit and order placemats?
- For Cub Scout Adventure Camp and Webelos Resident Camp at TVSR please email Kayla Maine at Kayla.Maine@heartofnewenglandbsa.org.
- For Webelos Resident Camp at Camp Wanocksett please email email@example.com.